More and more families in the United States are choosing homeschooling as a positive choice for their child's education. Louisiana is an example of this trend, with the number of homeschooled children growing every year. Navigate the wealth of information on homeschooling in Louisiana as you explore our website. We've made it easy for you to find all the tips, ideas, and information you need to successfully homeschool your children.
- Ready to begin? Check out our "Beginning to Homeschool" section.
- Is homeschooling the best choice for your family? Learn more about the advantages of homeschooling.
- Read the actual laws regulating home education in Louisiana and get summaries of these laws by homeschooling experts.
- Browse through our curriculum reviews and lists and find what will work best for you and your child.
- Find a support group close to you.
RS 17:11 Approval of private schools by board.
Home Educators Association (HEA) of West St. Tammany
Louisiana Department of Education - Non-Approved Registration Form
Louisiana Children's Museum
Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education - Approved Home Study Program (html)
Private School Letter of Intent
Louisiana Home Education Network (LAHEN)
Contemporary Arts Center of New Orleans
Jefferson Association of Christian Home Edcuators (JACHE)
CM Families of the South
Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve
Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education - Approved Home Study Program (pdf)
RS 17:236.1 Approval of home study programs.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this site.
The National Parks of America
Sing, Spell, Read & Write
Homeschool Bravely: How to Squash Doubt, Trust God, and Teach Your Child with Confidence
Conquering Chronic Disorganization
The Unprocessed Child: Living Without School
Quote of the Day
And so we discovered that education is not something which the teacher does, but that it is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being.Maria Montessori